I am currently stuck in the check-in queue looking like a geek jamming away at her PDA, at the same time with Jason Mraz's 'We sing. We dance. We steal things' ablast on her mental CD player. The Motown influenced beats sprung off the headsets of a CD sampler in a duty free store and seems very familiar with the route between my auxilliary system and my dancing shoes. Geek replaces her temptation to do a jig with head bobbing action because of self-consciousness.
On a similar note, attending gig events weekly has become the new way of rummaging through the sales rack at the Myers store for me, except the talent exuded from the acts are priceless and not in your usual mainstream colours like the last dress I picked out. Ghastly batik like as my sayang puts it. Something that should probably be draped on the walls as part of your knick-knack collection. I suppose if you are in to that kind of scene, I strongly recommend you catch the following (liking batik is not necessary of course):
1. Mama kin - an incredibly talented pair of sibblings that produces
incredible music
2. Laura Imbruglia - introverted, modest, writes n perform catchy
pieces. If only she can be more confident..
3. Andy Bull - a rising talent that recently hit the airwaves.
Feminine version of Jason Mraz
4. Youth Group - lead singer voice melts in my heart..
5. Cut of your hand - Headbanging, flippin' mental and makes feel like
crowd diving..
6. Temper Trap - yet another lead singer's voice that has found a
place in my heart. Combined with raging guitars and drums, how can I
resist.
Some CD's I never regretted buying:
1. Kaiser Chief - Employment (best indi pop album for me so far)
2. Flaming Lips - Yoshini Battles the Pink Robots (my favourite
Elekonika CD; it is like a musical without visuals, but it doesn't
require any anyway. All the songs are pieced together to tell a story of
heroine, Yoshini, and her battle with the lovelorn pink robots)
3. Youth Group's latest album (2008)
Just to name a few.
Looks like it's only a plane ride and not too long till I meet my sayang. And indulge in tasty Malaysian food. Also, India, here I come. If my blog is lacking entries in the next few weeks or so, pardon me. I am on vacation. :)
2 comments:
have a safe trip! :)
laura imbruglia is natalie's sister. woops! *zips mouth*
i want hokkien mee with congulated pork blood bits. eat for me ?
Post a Comment