I may be physically back from India but my heart's still on vacation. My appetite is still desiring the terrific variety of Indian food, my mind immersed in scenic beauty of Rajasthan, hustle bustle of Delhi and the constant comedy being played out by the traffic on the roads of Mumbai. Am still trying to figure a way to get right back into work. And to figure how to juggle all that with X'mas eve dinner preparation, catching up friends and loved ones and the biggest challenge: picking out the blogworthy photos from my trip. This is the problem when you are the trigger frenzy type with your digital cam. Oh, and to blog too of course.
On another note, as compassionate as I feel, I must mention I am particularly happy about a few things that came out of the economic downturn. Most of the stores especially in Australia is generous with their X'mas sales. 50-70% at Ninewest, Fcuk, Cue, Myer Store... just to name a few. At the Changi airport, Australian credit card holders get a further 15-20% discount for most of their purchases because Singaporeans wants to encourage us to spend our weakened dollar. :)
The Australian government has also further boosted the First Home Owner's incentive to about $25000 if you qualify. Too bad the increased grant had only been introduced after I have bought mine. However, I am definitely looking for a way to take advantage of the First Home Boost for a newly constructed home before the end of June 2009. Have I forgot to mention how cheap cars have become? I am terribly tempted to get both, but I am also planning to take that trip to Spain/Portugal next year, and maybe visit the U.S. again. Before I get carried away, I should probably get back to focusing on putting up my vacation photos up here. It shouldn't take too long... My main purpose was to make a bit of an appearance with this entry by wishing you all a Merry, merry X'mas and a Happy New Year to all of you!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment