Friday, March 20, 2009

Labour versus Liberal

Thought I would share this interesting comment from one of the readers of an article discussing Rudds future tax on the rich new handouts:

To quote a brilliant reader from yesterday ...

"I was talking to a friend of mine's little girl, and she said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day. Both of her parents, Labour, were standing there, so I asked her,"If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you'd do?" She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." "Wow - what a worthy goal." I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull up the weeds, sweep my patio, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the Coles where a homeless chap hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food or a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds 'cause she's only six. And while her Mum glared at me, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?" And I replied, "Welcome to the Liberal Party." Her parents still aren't talking to me.

--- End of Comment ---

I suppose if you earn less than $100,000 per annum for as long as Rudd continues to rule, you'll have nothing to worry about. Now the interesting bit... what should I do with the $950 handout... it could help fund (very slightly) the renovation project I'm doing with the house.. I could spend on a couple of cheap airfares from Tiger so I can have another mini getaway? Sony Bravia plasma looks tempting too, or how about some funky filters for my dslr? Bah, if I paid less tax I might've been able to afford all these things at once.

1 comment:

Abhi said...

i dont know how i missed this post before...but i m glad to see u have finally come around...cannt just vote for a person u know...a good choice wuld have been liberal with someone other than howard i reckon...